Thursday, September 23, 2010

Warning my daughter is mentioned.

"I'm ovulating honey. Best time to get me pregnant!"

"My dad just died, and you're talking about your period?"

"Did you not hear me? I'm ovulating....and not wearing any panties."

"What?! You're not wearing any panties to my dad's funeral? What's wrong with you?"

"I tried being nice. Get your ass in here, and lets find out if your lazy swimmers can get me pregnant! I'M OVULATING!"

Death at a funeral 2010

So I had to put that for the quote this post, because it's a super funny movie. You can actually see the women with a thermometer in her mouth temping. It's nice to see a movie where the women has to try to get pregnant.

Today is not a good day. DH and I are fighting--I don't know quite why. It started after we got home from the grocery store, and we were going inside--using the front door. (We usually go in through the garage) Our screen door for the past few months, has been sticking up top. You have to push really hard to get it to unstick up top to open it. Well we were going to open the door, and trying to be helpful Kiki held the door way open so DH could open the door. (I had all the groceries so my hands were full) and DH told Kiki not to to that or to open the door that far (it did nothing to the screen door that hadn't already been done) and I calmly told him to be nice to her, she was just trying to help. She didn't know the door was broken. (I guess one of the screws up top had come loose, so there were only two screws keeping the screen door up top attached to the frame) And when we got in the house he went storming in the bedroom, and slammed the door.

I put away the rest of the groceries, and went into the room to talk to him (he had locked the door so I had to get a butter knife to open it) and he freaked out at me. Saying stuff like 'I don't know why you let her destroy the house, and think it's cute'

Excuse me? The screen door was already broken. Kiki did not break it. I'm not going to get mad at her for doing something she didn't know was wrong. She was trying to help. Doing something that i've encouraged since she was born. Then he got mad at me for 'Yelling' at him. (i was not yelling....) and saying that I was saying he broke it. No I did not. It broke because of all of the times we've had to push extra hard to open the damn screen door. Everybody did it. Nobody's to blame, and it's an easy fix. We will not have it taken out of our deposit as long as we put the screws back in.

He stormed off, with his keys, itouch, and car. I have no idea where he went. Probably to go whine to his dad.

He doesn't see Kiki as his daughter. He doesn't think that she likes him. Just because she loves her bio dad so much. (Her bio dad, is an awesome dad) He's not home a lot when she's here, or awake. (He gets off at ten, which is way past her bedtime) I know he'll be different with his own child--but I'm not sure he gets children quite right now. (He says things like--you probably love him still, and more because he gave you a daughter and I can't) I don't know what to do, or how to make him understand without making him feel threatened.

Sure, we need to clean our carpets, and wash our walls a little more throughly, but that's NORMAL! We might have a few more stains than he had in his last apartment because of Kiki, but again that's NORMAL! We are not going to lose our deposit, and it's not like we are looking to move ANYTIME soon.

Sorry. Had to get this off of my chest.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry he seems to be in a mood... maybe he's expecting AF? ;) It's hard making a transition to a step-family situation, add TTC stress on top of that, and some days everybody just snaps. I hope you guys smooth it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Nicole. He must be. I probably won't see him til later tonight because he was talking about going fishing with his dad, so he probably went to go do that so I'm hoping he calms down some.

    ReplyDelete