Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The history of Ms Shamis Davis Ludwig;

Now, as you may have guessed no where in that name, is my real name. It's a name I have been using since I was fourteen. I have an obscenely creative friend, and I used to hang out with her and her amazing family all of the time. They first started calling me Amy, of course because that is my name. Then it changed to Shamie. Then it finally transitioned into Shamis. Over the course of a few months they added onto that; They added the Davis Ludwig. I have NO idea where they got the middle and last part of that, but it always was there--and it went well with the Shamis. We also had names for her and her older sister. Dandi Robertson, and Cici Madden Von Fredrickstein. Those names have followed us ever sense. My family called them by their names, and their family called me by mine--even now.

I named my blog this for a reason. I look back on those days as being the happiest of my youth. And if for some reason I become too cynical in my journey of freaking out at the fertility god, then I can at least look up at the web address and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment